Apple TV is is a device that enable you tomirror your iPhone, iPad, Macbook screen into your LCD/TV’s HDMI port.
What Can You Do with Apple TV?
- Present instantly without any dongle/cable. We are entering wireless era where we don’t need to worry that our cable will work with our laptop/device. It sometimes painful to plug your device to VGA/HDMI/USB-C cable that sometimes doesn’t work. With Apple TV, you can present without needing that cable/dongle.
- Cast your music/video to larger screen instantly. Find music/video really cool from your phone? You can directly share it from your device to everyone.
- Allow students/participants to share instantly. When you lead a conference, you can allow your participants/students to present right from their device without moving from their chair and do another setup. With iOs Device, your setting is even much simpler, all you need to is to click screen mirroring, and choose Apple TV.
Why Apple TV?
There are numerous options of casting and mirroring device you can find on online store and I found Apple TV with iOs Deviceis one of the most reliable casting and mirroring devices for these several reasons:
- Easy to setup: Plug the Apple TV to your LCD/TV’s HDMI port, turn on wifi+bluetooth on your iOs device, then choose screen mirroring on your iOs device then choose Apple TV.
- Casting Your Streaming Platform: You can play music and video on Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Netflix, and other streaming platforms and still play your mobile phone (check email, open whatsapp, receive call) without interrupting your streaming media.
- Mirror Macbook, iPhone, iPad Screens on Your LCD
You can mirror entire iOs device screen to your LCD just tapping simple screen mirroring button.
- Easy to Bring: I just bought Apple TV 4K and here is all I got! You can bring Apple TV + cord cable everywhere.
- Designed by Apple Quality: With the integration of Apple TV apps and quality built in in Apple TV, I have 100% confidence this device will be more reliable than any mirroring device. You can play Apple Music directly on the device.
How to Setup Apple TV?
- Plug your Apple TV to HDMI port of LCD/TV. Don’t forget to plug the USB cable to power your Apple TV.
- Setting You Apple TV: When you open Apple TV for the first time, you will be required to connect the apple TV to wifi and update the system. For the first setup, it takes you some time to install the updates so it may take a while. After you successfully installed it, you’re more than ready to use it anywhere and anytime!
- Mirroring your Macbook: Turn on your laptop and make sure it’s connected to the wifi connection. Click the menu bar on the top right side you will see Apple TV sign. You will see mirroring option to Apple TV click it. Then, you will need to enter code on Apple TV to your Macbook! Voila, you successfully connect your Macbook.
- Mirroring your streaming platform on iPhone: on Home screen, you just need to swap up your phone and you will find screen mirroring, then you choose Apple TV.
Pros & Cons
Pro: Wireless, Easy to bring, super easy to setup, and work perfectly with iOs devices, bad wifi won’t affect you since they connect via airplay (bluetooth+wifi), no need to setup wifi every time.
Cons: Work perfectly on iOs devices (Macbook, iPhone, Ipad), Must setup same wifi in the beginning, does not work with Android or Chromebook.
Overall, Apple TV is perfect casting and mirroring device that allow you to present instantly without cable on Apple devices (Macbook, iPhone, iPad)